Thursday, March 11, 2010

WPPI Experience...

Coming back from my first WPPI (Wedding Photography Portrait International) Event, I've gained a whole new respect for photographers and the whole industry. The event is solely on wedding photography, but there are other markets and businesses involved as well. Once I stepped into the main room, you get blessed with the "hugantic" CANON booth and all the goodies they had to offer. I went into the conference not expecting much, but I was blown away at all the album design/printing companies out there. WHCC, Asuka, IRIS Book, Queensberry, and Renaissance Albums are by far the higher end production and quality type of albums.

I did come away with one great product that I randomly ran into. I came across the Spider Camera Holster booth and pretty much just fell in love with the product. I've been looking into getting a hip carrying unit because it put less stress and weight on the neck and shoulders due to annoying camera straps. I also got an extra Spider Pro, Plate, and Pin for a second camera.



By far, I will be returning to WPPI next year to see what companies come up with new innovative products.

1 comment: